This article explains how to create and view Filters in Propared.
What is a Filter Schedule?
- A Filter Schedule is a selection of information from the Timelines of your Projects.
- Filters are created and managed in the Filter Screen.
- Filters are based on sets of criteria including Projects, Tags, Contacts, Dates, Task types, Time Period, and Status.
- Filter Schedules can be viewed via web links (viewable in any web browser), calendar feed links (which anyone can subscribe to in their preferred calendar program), and via email
- As you make changes to the Timeline that match your Filter criteria, your Schedules will update automatically.
2. Name the Filter and Select Your Settings
First, name your Schedule and give it a description which will appear in the list to the left.
Then, define your Filter settings:
Filter Schedules are established based on details from your Timeline. For example, if you wanted to create a Load-In Schedule for the 53rd Annual Awards Gala you would...
- Type the Project: "53rd Annual Awards Gala" in the Project field.
- Type the Category: "Load In" in the Category field.
This will pull a list of all Tasks from your Timeline that are part of the 53rd Annual Awards Gala and labeled with the category of "Load In".
Pro Tip: You can also select "All Projects" to include information across your whole company. This is great for producing staff and venue schedules that span multiple events.
Using these tools, you should be able to create just about any schedule your heart desires.
3. Select your Format and Save
Scrolling down, you'll see 2 formatting options for your schedule:
- Spreadsheet - each item will appear in it's own row with it's own date & time (better for schedules with lots of multi-day events like long-term planning calendars).
- Group By Day - Each day only appears once with all Tasks for that day grouped underneath it (better for schedules with lots of stuff happening in a single day like Production Schedules).
Finally, click the "Add" button to save your schedule!
4. View Your Schedule
Now that your Schedule is created, it's time to take a look at your "hard" work. To view a Filter Schedule:
- click the "Public Link" icon at the top of the detail sidebar (or just scroll down)
- Click "Click here to view this schedule"
Filter schedules are viewable in any web browser (including mobile!).
I promise to not tell anyone how easy that was.
For information about sharing and distributing your Schedules come along the next article!